Tuesday, 21 May 2013
Music industry
Hi, this is my very first blog and I will be writing about all different subjects but today I have chosen to start with the modern music industry. I'm a big fan of all genres of music, to me good music is good music no matter wether it's blues, pop or rock. Growing up I was very much into the indie genre with bands such as the libertines spear heading my iPod collection but it never seemed to get the attention that I believe it truly deserved. I understand that a lot of the artist aren't interested in number ones as they are seen to be pop acts. But looking at chart music now the amount of commercialised acts out weigh the true talent and originality of indie music. I'm not saying that pop acts haven't got any talent all I'm saying is that it isn't there talent that is getting them the number ones. The amount of television programmes offering people the chance of a lifetime recording deal is killing the once great British music industry. When was the last time a rock group or a blues act won one of the talent contests, never is the answer to that. The Beatles influenced our music long after there last album was released and certain bands such as oasis, stone roses and the libertines have carried on the effect of the Beatles by producing true music but it seems like the over commercialised boy bands and talent shows are slowly taking any greatness out of the music industry. I will now leave you with a question, will the winner of X factor 2013 be a truly great singer/songwriter or just another boyband?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment